Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Harry Potter Review-Movie 6

Here is my review (this will hopefully make sense if you've read the books).



Positively: 1) I thought the acting by all the characters to be their best job yet. 2) The parts that were from the book were exactly how I had envisioned. 3) Some scenes were really funny!


What I wanted: 1) Less emphasis on the lovey dovey stuff. 2) More focus on the horcruxs & the memories of Voldemort. 3) More battles to show how truly dark their world has become.


What Bugged Me: 1) Harry never hid the potions book in the room of requirement so he didn't unknowingly see the final horcrux from book seven. 2)The sacrifice that Dumbledore made on the tower to save Harry by taking the time to freeze him instead of defending himself was completely missing! How sad is that?! 3) The fight scene at the end between the death eaters and the Order was disappointingly absent.


Over all - I will definitely see this movie again and despite the missing elements this was very entertaining. However, the books cannot be beat. If you haven't read them - you have no idea what you're missing :)

No comments: