Over the 4th of July - a group of us decided to run in the upcoming ChelanMan. This is a weekend of more than a 1,000 runners and athletes competing from a 10k to a full triathlon. My friend Judy and I ran the 10k - and thanks to her encouragement I made both of my goals and I finished in under an hour!
Zach and Kyler (Judy's husband) drove to the 3 mile mark and waited for us and cheered us on - so much fun. My friend Carolyn was also there along with Karen, Jorden, Tami, and Tori. Seeing the whole gang there gave me the burst of energy I desperately needed. Here are some pics that Zach took along the way.
If any of you have ever ran in an event like this, there is nothing like running with hundreds of other athletes. It is so inspiring to see runners, bikers, and swimmers trying what I have never tried. Some are way stronger and in better shape, so I have no problem letting them pass me, however there are others that if they do try to pass - I just can't let that happen - my competitive spirit kicks into high gear :)
Here is the gang at the finish line. Of course all the girls look so cute - I felt just as scrubby as I look! After that we went into town and had Lakeview (local burger drive-in) and coffee. What a fun summer day!


2 comments:
You rocked that thing girl!!! I can't WAIT to see you in a couple of days. I seriously was impressed, you really did awesome.
You did do a great job! So fun to watch! Next year, it's going to be full Cheladies weekend!!!
Post a Comment