After going to Mexico last year, we decided to keep this year's vacation closer to home. I'm so glad that we did. We packed our clubs and headed to Redmond, Oregon - about a 5 1/2 hour trip. At each small town we rolled down our windows, slowed way down, and "experienced" towns like Grass Valley and Shaniko. It only took seconds but it was interesting :)
I found this website of Shaniko - check it out, it's adorable.
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/or/shaniko.html
I found this website of Shaniko - check it out, it's adorable.
http://www.ghosttowns.com/states/or/shaniko.html
Action Shot!
Mid-way through our week we were able to stay with my Uncle Glen and Gail in Bend. They took us to dinner at Pine Tavern, one of the oldest restaurants in town. It was really cool and right along the Deschutes river.
We went shopping in the Old Mill District - and believe it or not Zach was the big spender there! Here we are on a bridge in the District.
Gail and Glen
We didn't take many pictures but I thought I'd share what we did.


3 comments:
Um, I'm the first commenter on the pics! Just wanted to make sure you knew, ha ha:) The pics are great and it looks like such a fun place to vacation!! I love that river shot! What's up with that shoe tree? RANDOM!
Hello!! I didn't even know you guys had a blog?!?! I just found yours on Jorden's. I love blogs :) Zach way to represent the beard. Did you ever see my husbands?? Wow. So I just posted Chelan pictures and you and Zach made the blog ;) Hope you're both great.
Kim what a fun trip. I am so glad you posted the pics that you did have. The shoe tree is unreal. Finished my Sierra books. Just about dieing, I am going to mail them to you soon. Unless your going to be in Western Washington soon?
Post a Comment