Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Project


Last weekend Zach and his dad rented a toy mini backhoe to pull out the many juniper bushes we had lining a side of the property (that side of the yard is more like a mini jungle). The guys went to work and a couple hours later had most of the bushes pulled.




We needed 3 trailor loads and several pickup loads to haul away all of the branches and bushes.

What I wanted the most was to have the lower branches of our Pine trees cut down. Nothing can grow back there because of all the cover, including grass, so next the guys went to work triming the very nasty old large Pines.




One tree down 4 more to go.

What you don't see is that I was dragging all the limbs towards the front of the house to be loaded...I should have gotten a picture of that so you know that I was helping & not just standing around with the camera :)

Although we have many more projects in the yard...this work weekend really helped. Here are the finished pictures from the weekend.

Trees "delimbed"

Junipers pulled

3 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Looks good, Kim. Nice work. I love the first picture, it made me smile. :) Dad and son, hard at work.

The Brandt Family said...

those junipers got OWNED!!! Looks Great! Can't wait to play bocci ball in your backyard next time we are home :)

Phil and Bri said...

Hi Kim! Thanks for posting the other day! I am glad you stopped by! I love Karen and have heard much about you over the years :) I also LOVE Lake Chelan and the street you live on looks adorbale. I love small towns. Your blog background is adorable, I love old books! Ok, I keep saying love love love :) Have a great day! Bri