Sunday, May 2, 2010

Our dear friend


I wanted to share with you about my dear friend Hawley who went to be with the Lord on Sunday morning. For those of you who didn't know her, she was one of a kind. For over a year 1/2 she battled breast cancer. I know that my little tribute to Hawley will not do her justice, although hopefully you can see just a small glimpse into the wonderful person that she was. God gave us a small piece of heaven when He gave us Hawley. 

Hawley was a wonderful friend to countless people and she was absolutely adored by all -so many were blessed because she was a part of their lives. A quote that brings Hawley to mind says, “Blessed are they who have the gift of making friends, for it is one of God’s greatest gifts.” Hawley had this gift. She made life a little sweeter for everyone. Her compassionate and generous spirit is something that anyone should aspire to be like. Hawley had a way of making everyone in her life feel that they were special and important and when you talked to her she truly listened. She regarded others’ thoughts and feelings above her own; she thought of what would bring happiness to others.

Hawley managed the burdens of the many challenges she faced by staying close to Jesus. This is just a testament to her incredible strength and courage. God made Hawley special and unique – she was not made from the common mold. Because she had always cared of how her actions would affect others, so many people rallied around Hawley and her family when she needed them the most. It goes without saying that she will be missed everyday. Because she was a true friend, she received true love in return.


July 2008

October 2007

Hawley's family 2008

Hawley, Erik, Bryce, Lydia -2009

6 comments:

Tori said...

Kim - I was so sad to hear this news. I'm so thankful I had the opportunity to meet and spend some time with Hawley at Chelan, in Waterville, and the apple blossom festival. Even though I didn't spend much time with Hawley...when I did, she had a very evident joy and sweetness about her. I'm honored to have known her. I miss you Kim, Tori

Kim @ The Gab said...

Tori, I am so glad that you were able to meet her too. She was just such a joy to know. Miss you too girl...be glad you're not in WA right now...it's snowing in Waterville!

Ben and Katie said...

I was not able to meet her but she inspired me to fight along side my man and never give up! She encouraged me to lean more on Jesus and trust Him for His plan for our lives. I have their family photo on my prayer board and love praying for them! Although I did not have the priviledge of meeting her she had a huge impact on my life!

Kim @ The Gab said...

Katie, thanks for your kind words about Hawley. By the way, she's the one who originally sent me your link...so glad she did!

jorden9879 said...

O Kim, that is almost to much to handle and I only met her twice. My heart just breaks for her husband and little children. I will be praying that God will blanket them in His love right now.

Kim @ The Gab said...

Thanks Jorden, Erik is strong, but can use your prayers daily. Looking forward to seeing you this weekend!