Look what we found!
On our way home from church yesterday, I spotted a St. Bernard with her puppy crossing the street in downtown Waterville. I pointed out this cute sight to Zach and we continued home. About an hour later, I was startled when I saw a giant dog in our backyard. It was the same mommy with her adorable puppy. Unfortunately, the mom was in bad shape (she was starving & sadly thin) so I took them in, dried them off, and gave them the food I had in the cupboard. She ate 6 cans of tuna and 2 cans of beef chunks before we went to the store to get them some doggy food.
Later Zach took them around the neighborhood to see if they belonged to anyone. We believe that they were abandoned. They spent the night in our utility room and did quite well! The good news is we think we've found them a good home on a farm outside of town. I'm so proud of this mommy St. Bernard. She kept her puppy alive (he's quite chunky actually) while trying to survive. I'm such a sucker for animals! They knew who's backyard to trample through :)


4 comments:
That is so sweet. I am glad you found them a home. Loved getting your Christmas card, Nate picks it up and is like Zach and Kim look really nice. I was like YEP, they sure do! I don't think I am going to do a Christmas card this year. Another thing to do, but I sure do love getting them.
Hi Jorden, I know - I'm so glad too, they were precious and so sweet. It was hard to give them up!
Awwww...that is so sweet. I'm glad you were able to help them. That's awesome. St. Bernards are cool dogs and I bet the puppy was adorable. Did you want to keep them?? :) Merry Christmas to you guys!! Hope you are both doing well.
Hi Sara, Yes I wanted to keep them-but Zach is Mr. Practical and he kept me level headed :) Merry Christmas to you as well. Thanks for checking in.
Post a Comment