The first thing we do is open our stockings (Kathryn made the stockings that hang on the fireplace each year). "Santa" packs these stockings full of goodies that we get to take turns picking through. One fun thing about the stockings is that each year a pin gets added to our stocking that means something special to us. For example, I have a coffee pin, a CWU pin, a golf bag, and several others. It's fun to wake up and find the new pin on our stocking.
There are usually some items that are always in the stockings. We always get a magazine, kitchen gadgets, candy, & socks - and lots more goodies that are fun to sort through. And at the bottom of the stocking is an orange to complete the tradition.
Goodies from the our socks
All the girls wearing some items from the stockings. I got a really cute yellow hat this year!
After breakfast is over, and we've cleaned up the kitchen, we return to the living room and open presents from each other. It's neat that Zach and I have 2 different styles of Christmases.
We are so blessed to have such wonderful families that love to spend time with each other and make things so very special. Thank you everyone for being so generous. We love you all!


3 comments:
I loved reading your Christmas eve and Christmas day posts! To fun. Thanks for coming down, we loved getting to hang out with you guys. Always a treat. lots of love!
I love the Christmas traditions. Sometimes I think stockings are the best gifts! Love the yellow and purple hats!!! Happy New Year!
ps- curious about that punch...hmmm... :)
Sidenote: Sara, the punch is SO delicious and has been a tradition in my dad's family since he was a little boy!!! You would love it....maybe it will be on the summer 2010 menu at Lake Chelan. It comes "sassy" and "not sassy" if ya know what I mean:)
Post a Comment