Thursday, April 5, 2012

Just Desserts

With all of the fun pinning going on with Pinterest, I decided to make more of the recipes I've found - and surprises surprise - they're mostly desserts. I thought I'd post a few pictures of what I've tried and found to be so delicious - that way if you need a dessert to make you'll know that these are tried and truly yummy. Just click on the links to find the original source and the recipes.


(If you would like to see my board of Just Desserts you can find it here.)


I had so many leftover Andes Mints from my bday party, that I searched for a dessert to use with them. I found this Andes Mint Brownie and it was a winner. What's great about it is that it's hard on top but then super soft in the middle. The mint and chocolate flavor combo is perfect. Make it if you dare - you'll eat all if it and not want to share :)


Speaking of the bday party, I made this dessert to share with the guests. With my Grandma's help, we knocked these out pretty quickly. There were no leftovers, and I got several emails asking to share the recipe. You could change up the color of the candy coating for any holiday or festivity. I found that bite-size works the best so that people can just pop them into their mouths...but be warned these are also dangerous - just ask my friend Cindi :)



I went to Pullman earlier this week and made these treats while Jamie took a much needed nap (I love you Jamie). These cake balls are definitely unique. If you like the taste of cake batter then these treats are for you. My only addition to the recipe would be to make the balls very small, as you only need one bite - or two. They are yummy but super rich. I added a little red food coloring to mine and made them pink with white sprinkles.


And finally, I made this bar with my Grandma. She comes up about once a week and while my mom entertains Graham, G-ma and I make something I've found on pinterest. Hopefully she enjoys doing so as much as I do.


My change to the recipe would be to use a 9x13 pan instead of what she recommends because my bars came out way too thick. Other than that these are super tasty and I'll be making them again.

Enjoy!

No comments: