Wednesday, September 9, 2009

6th Year-Stehekin

I'm so thankful for my wonderful husband! On Sunday we celebrated our 6th anniversary with our great friends, Josh and Jamie Smart, in Stehekin. For those of you who have never been there, this is a very remote "town" at the tip of Lake Chelan. It is only accesible by boat or plane. We spent two very wet nights up there (it rained most of the trip), but we managed to capture some of the beauty that is so hypnotic - and why so many people visit or live (only about 100 year-round residents) in this special place.


High Bridge
Rainbow Falls

Looking down lake towards Chelan
Background Info: Every year for our anniversary, we take turns planning our special day/weekend so that it is a surprise for one of us. This year was my turn and I decided to go back to Stehekin. I also wanted to take the Smarts (from Pullman). So I arranged for us to take the boat up the lake and stay at the lodge for 2 nights, and mangaged to keep it all a secret. Very difficult! Zach didn't know what we were doing until at 10:30 friday night when our friends rang the doorbell.


Hanging in the lodge playing Mexican Train (our favorite)

This is outside a really beautiful garden along the road to the Bakery. FYI: Jamie and I went to elementary school together when my family lived in Pullman. We lost touch for a little while, but reconnected about 5 years ago. Since then we have gone on many trips every year with the Smarts. We love them!

Hanging in the Bakery & hiding from the rain

The only bummer for me is that we forgot to get a group shot of the 4 of us.
The final picture is one of my favorites. We were walking and Josh took this picture - I hadn't realized that we both looked at each other at the same time until I saw the pic.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, that place is UNREAL! Beautiful. I love the last picture of you and Zach!

Anonymous said...

That was from me...TORI!

Karen said...

Kim! You are so cute!!! I'm so glad my friends have been able to get to know you as well! Mi amigo's es u amigo's:) They love you just like one of their own! The stehekin pictures are AWESOME!! I love the last one of you and Zach. So precious. KG

Anonymous said...

I love the photo's and have learned a little more about you guys! Mike and I are so happy to meet other couples (our age) that play mexican train!! It would be great to get together and play! You guys are such a cute and fun couple, Chrissy Rientjes :0)

The Parsons' blog said...

Happy Anniversary!!! Wow! That place looks amazing! Bummer it rained but it looks like you had a fun time. And that last picture?!?!?! It's a framer. I love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Love the pics... from one of your friends that you met all on your own, Hawley!!