Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Grandma's B-Day

When I asked my Grandma Lolly what she wanted for her birthday, she told me: "I don't need anything!" So what to get her then? I decided to give her a night away from home and just some time spent with her favorite grandchild (If Jess or Alex read this - that's what you get for not living near her!) :)

We (me, mom, g-ma) went to Leavenworth and spent the day shopping and snooping through all the cute Bavarian themed boutiques and shops downtown, and then went to dinner at South. And staying in her birthday celebration, we went to the store and bought chocolate, licorice, and popcorn and took it back to our condo at Worldmark in Leavenworth. We then spent the evening (until 10:00 pm!) playing Rummy. It was such a fun time full of great conversation & some cheating (by my mom of course). My grandma absolutely loved her night away and wants to make it a yearly tradition.

Sometimes we don't need to give material presents to each other. Our time and attention can be just as generous...and most often more memorable.

Happy B-day Grandma!
I love you.

2 comments:

Dad said...

I am so impressed! My mom once said to me that I lived a charmed life and when I consider my family, I modestly have to agree. You and Zach have made us so proud--way to go!

Jessica Haley said...

I don't remember receiving an invitation...! Love the new website lay-out!