Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mother's Day-Part 2

After we were all done with our BBQ, Zach and I had a major surprise for the family. We had the Moms open their Mother's day presents. We gave them each a cute little magnet that said, "Little Wonder," and on the inside we wrote -

Baby Gormley due Thanksgiving Day!

They opened them at the same time, and together they just sat there shocked and didn't say a thing. Everyone else thought that something was wrong...I loved it! Then they jumped up and started clapping and crying. Once the news was out to the rest of the family, there were hugs all around, some yelling, and many tears. It was perfect...straight out of a movie. In fact, I wish we could have taped it - it could have been a Funniest Home Videos moment for sure.


We also wanted to get the rest of the family some small gifts so they could share in this excitement.

For the siblings:
Jessie - onesie: "Warning: I have a hot Aunt!
Karen - onesie: "Auntie Karen Rocks!"
Paige & Monte - bib: "Auntie & Uncle love me!"
Alex - bib: "My Uncle is kind of a big deal!

For the parents:
Grandma - pin: Great-Grandma to-be!
Moms - pins: Grandma to-be & I'm smiling because I'm going to be a Grandma.

For my Dad I got him the DVD Father of the Bride II. Part I and II are special movies to our family, and I always knew that I would give him that when we got to share the big news someday. We watched it together later that night and laughed a ton. If you haven't seen it (what's wrong with you) you need to rent it for sure!



Here is the gang with all their goodies.
I was so thankful that everyone could be there in person so we could celebrate together.
The only one missing was my bro :(

Needless to say everyone is thrilled! This is the first Grandbaby on both sides, so I'm sure there is going to be some major spoiling.

I've been feeling pretty good - Amen to that! I'm so thankful for this "Little Wonder" growing inside of me. We have to give all the glory to God. This is an awesome miracle and we feel truly blessed to have the opportunity to be parents. We've enjoyed learning about the baby and all of his/her milestones. What an amazing experience! Please keep us in your prayers as we make our way towards Thanksgiving Day.
We have so much to be thankful for!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

KIM!!!! YEAH! And I will give your baby a shirt that says "born to be a husker!" Just kidding!!!! Congrats to you and Zach! What a blessing! Love, Tori

Anonymous said...

So happy for you and Zach. You will both be wonderful parents. I can't wait to see you with your own baby in your arms, it is truly a blessing. I am so excited to share motherhood with you :)
See you soon,
Karissa

Karen Sauvola said...

What exciting and wonderful news Kim and Zach!! Hope our paths cross one of these days, it would be great to get together!! Love and Hugs!!!

Ben and Katie said...

Whoohooo!! I have been waiting for this second part to come!! So super excited for you! Blessings!!

The Brandt Family said...

Congrats you guys! We are very excited for you... can't wait to see when we come home to visit!

J and T Barnes said...

SO SO SO EXCITED! Can't wait for November.

Anonymous said...

The Hot Aunt checking in! Love the updates Sis--can't wait to see you and the belly soon! love you more than Nutella!

Jesster

Carpenters said...

Thanks for including me in the e-mail about your blog. I like your site a lot! It's fun just to learn more about you. So you're a gamer, huh? We love to play games too! Also, your post about the putting course at Desert Canyon inspired us, and so that's what we're going to do for our 7th anniversary on Monday, May 31! I love Desert Canyon. For some reason I thought it was closed, so I was so excited to see that it was open! Hope you're having a blast in Palm Springs. We would go there sometimes when we lived in LA. It's a great place!