I remember when I moved out of my parent's house, everything was removed from the walls, repainted, and redecorated before I could even look back - all thanks to my younger brother who wanted/needed my room.
Because there had been no one to move into Zach's old room, it has remained frozen in time in many ways. But to Zach's credit, he is more than willing to start going through his forgotten treasures and (I love him for this) to get rid of most of these items.
All that to just say that as we were going through a few things, I came across some Frisbees that Zach and I made when we first started dating in 2001. Each year for Apple Blossom we went to the park and made a Frisbee...a little cheesy I know. Well, I took a picture and then tossed them. I'm trying to live how I preach. I didn't need these. Didn't even realize we still had them. Did I get a little sentimental when I saw our memories? Of course. Would I have used the Frisbees for their original purpose? Maybe. The point is that I hadn't looked for them in 7 years. A simple picture will work to preserve the memory - not the item. I think that is a key to "de-cluttering" your environment.
Are there any objects laying around that maybe you could take a picture of and then discard, donate, or sell?
| Ahhh the memories :) |


2 comments:
What a fun memory. Good idea with the picture. I used to make do da birds (sand birds) every year with my dad for my b-day I had to discard those also, I wish I had a picture
Love the tye-dye one! What up 90's! :) Or maybe early 2000's. I can picture Zach's room in WAterville! Miss ya!
Post a Comment