Monday, May 16, 2011

A Run & a Parade

A few weekends ago was the Apple Blossom Parade in Wenatchee. For many years, as a family tradition, we've watched the parade and enjoyed the festivities. Before the parade begins there is an annual Fun Run (either a 5k or a 10k) and I wanted to run in it again to kick off my "getting back into shape" theme.
I ran the 5k and had a great time. People who are waiting for the parade to begin, are sitting in their chairs along the route and cheering for you as you go by - there's lots of motivation to look like you're not dying as each mile creeps along. 
Karen was running in the race too so she brought with her some fun running skirts to jazz up the event. She was sweet enough to run with me until the turnaround where she kept going for the 10k.

The sparkle girls with my mom (assistant director general)
 It was fun to take Graham to his first parade, although he had no idea what was going on :)

feeding G away from the noise

Onesie a gift from my friend Carolyn

Life is good in the Gormley household.
*I just received another book to blog about. Looking forward to reading it and posting another review.
*We just returned from Pullman after staying with our great friends the Smarts.
*I'm still working on our bedroom but will give a picture update soon.
*I finished my G pushpin board (going in the bedroom).


*I have a small desk to paint white - I love craft projects.
*Zach is doing great at work - hopefully things will slow down soon once a major project is completed and some annual auditing is done.
*Tues. is Graham's 6 month appointment. I can't wait to see how big he's gotten.
Have a great day!

2 comments:

jorden9879 said...

Way to go Kim!!! Run RUn Run, better then I could do! Wish we could have enjoyed the parade with you guys. 6 months, O boy! Time just flys. I am excited to see what book you review. Fun that you and Zach went out for a special day. Lots of love, love seeing little Graham!

Tori said...

You are one blessed woman! :) How fun to see you mom, KG, & you rocking those sparkly skirts. Cuteness. Congrats on the run. 6 months. Time goes too fast! And love the onesie. So clever!