Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Christmas Eve-2010

Once again I am writing about how blessed Zach and I are. This is all the more evident as we spend time with our families around the holidays. This year's Christmas celebrations were no exception.

If you aren't familiar with the Haley's Christmas Eve traditions, please read last year's post here before continuing. Now, I have lots to report to you!

Zach and I took our money, and it seemed the theme for this year was quality over quantity. Because I didn't have the time to do my usual hunting for all the little things I wanted, I took my $ and thought really hard what I wanted to buy. I decided on just three gifts: An IPod Touch (time to get in shape with music), IPod Arm Band (for running), and November Birthstone Earrings (to commemorate Graham's Birth). I am thrilled with all my purchases. Zach decided to get his beloved golf clubs re-shafted & re-gripped. He now has a "brand new" set of clubs.

Once again we were down at my parents' house. My mom had it festively decorated and smelling wonderful. We ate our pizza & talked & laughed - let the contests begin!


Our stockings were all hung neatly in a row - now empty after all the cash was removed.

(Grandma Lolly, Unkie, Dad, Mom, Kim, Zach, Graham, Jessie, Alex)

Before I announce all the winners, here are pictures of the entries for the best wrapped presents & their titles.

Kim's - Fa La La

Mom's - I Heart Mittens

Alex's - Blue Christmas

Dad's - Oh Christmas Tree

Zach's - Wraps of Christmas Past

Below are the winners for 2010:


Alex - Least Likely - John Maxwell Book
Kim - Best Deal & Best Gift - November Birthstone Earrings & IPod Touch
Adele - Best Wrapped

I was the clear victor this year and jumped up in the Haley Hall of Fame Standings! I think I'm now ranked 3rd or 4th in overall winnings - Zach is still beating me I think :(

Zach and I had a wonderful time this year sharing our traditions with Graham. He was so darn cute and behaved wonderfully! Here are several of Graham - mom bought a wagon just for him.





Side Note: He loves to stretch like this and keep his hands in the air for long periods of time. This is his "touchdown" pose.

Our first Christmas photo as a family...


We had just a wonderful evening. More to come on the Gormley side and Christmas morning.

1 comment:

Ben and Katie said...

Look at all that loot! So fun! You will love your ipod touch...someone randomly sent me one after the accident and I love it! get pandora on it so if you are at a gym with wireless internet you can use!!
graham looks adorable of course...the santa britches are the best!!