Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Too Many Socks...

...and t-shirts, shorts, sweatshirts, sweatpants, etc. When I couldn't fit one more pair of socks in Zach's drawer and I noticed my t-shirts were jammed into my dresser, I decided that we needed a "clean sweep" of all the contents in our 2 dressers and closet shelves.

Last Saturday I asked Zach if we could do a bit of organizing in our room. When we put Graham down for one of his naps, we stripped the bedding to be washed, and then emptied the contents of all our drawers onto the bed starting with the socks.

Would we ever wear all these?!
There were many buried at the bottom of the sock drawer that needed to go to sock heaven.

We sorted through everything, tossed what had holes in it, used a box to house all the yard sale items, and then neatly refolded and stacked the "keepers" back into their places. We got rid of many, many items. It felt great and has really helped me with completing and putting away all the laundry. The whole process took about an hour.

How about it? Do you need to examine the contents of your shelves and drawers in your bedroom? Here are the piles you need: 1)Toss, 2) Sell/Giveaway, 3) Keep.
This process has lightened the load in many ways.

No comments: