Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Working Out

As many of you know, losing weight after a baby is hard work. I have never been more out of shape...ever. Being an athlete all my life has helped keep the extra pounds (mostly) off over the years, but being "out of commission" for pretty much 9 months was tough. I truly missed working out and running - much to my own surprise.
And as so many of you also know, getting away from baby - even just for a few minutes - is hard too, unless I work out after 9pm (which I've done a few times now). So, my workout of choice of the moment? Jillian Michaels DVD...


What do you think? Should I post a before and after picture?
I'm not sure if I'm there yet, but if I need some more motivation through this process I might just put myself out there (way out there I admit).

In the mean time I'll leave you with a few of my favorite Jillian quotes:

"You are all capable of working out!"

"If you got it flaunt it ladies!"

"There are no shortcuts to jumping jacks. I have 400 pound people do jumping jacks. If they can do it so can you!"

"If you want result it ain't coming for free!"

Your neck is not invited to this party...only your abs!"

You just finished level 1 and you are well on your way to being SHREDDED!"

And yes, all of these were said with exclamation. Nothing like a little Jillian yelling at you to motivate and encourage. Bye bye baby weight...hopefully!

3 comments:

Ben and Katie said...

Did you watch level one and jot all those quotes down before you did the workout??!!
I did it yesterday but I have to return the DVD player to the hospital tomorrow...I guess I will be using my computer!
I use my ipod and put it on pandora so i don't have to listen to the same words every day!!
you are brave to post photos but it keeps one accountable...

jorden9879 said...

All i can say is goodluck! I do believe my body will never be the same again. I think I have come to grips with it. I wish I was as motivated as you are. Everyone said the more kids you have the harder it gets, I was like whatever. But they are right. Between coaching basketball, mothering two, church, friends, and yes the fact that my knee is so swollen I can't work out I have thrown in the towel. I need to live close so you can call me at 9pm and tell me to get my butt over to your house to let Jillian kick our botties! You can do it!!!

jjzelinski said...

Great for you! You'll have to let me know how it works I just got the Zumba for Wii! It's pretty fun and funny. The boys try to dance with me! :) You can do it!