Thursday, July 14, 2011

Girls' Trip 3-Palm Springs

In June, my high school girlfriends and I (6 total) made another trip down to Palm Springs for our 3rd annual girls' weekend. This has become a special time for all of us, and I'm thankful it's just as important to these girls to set some time aside for our weekend getaway (Check out the previous trips from 2009 and 2010).

Here we are meeting up at the Seattle airport. Karissa and I drove from Wenatchee, picked up Lacey and Brooke, and then met Sarah and Jenny at SeaTac.

L to R - Brooke, Karissa, Sarah, Me, Lacey, Jenny

We decided to spend a little longer in Palm Springs this year. We traveled down on Thurs. and then flew home on Monday. This was the longest time I have spent away from Graham, but I did fine. It was hard to leave him and I was super excited to see him (a few tears happened) but I knew he was in good hands while I was away.


We went to the same Mexican restaurant as 2 years ago and listened to music and ate (way too much) great food. There were a few margaritas in there as well!

The weather was great but really hot. It was definitely in the 100s the entire trip.

For another night out we went to a cool place called The River. There was some fun shopping and more great places to eat.



We only had one "hiccup" on our trip. Friday night our AC went out in the condo. At 11:00pm the temp. inside was 88 degrees. We could find no relief by opening the windows because outside was even hotter. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to sleep in that heat. Sarah (who is 6 months pregnant and was such a trooper for still coming with us) said that she would like to go to a hotel so that she could get cooled down. She didn't have to ask me twice!


We found a Motel 6 down the street and the 2 of us settled in for the night with the AC cranked and our very own beds. Let's just say the other girls didn't have as great of night as we did :)

It is so much fun to travel with these girls. We all get along really well and we definitely enjoy each other's company.
We'll see where next year takes us.

P.S. I'd like to thank my Mom, Kathryn, and Zach for watching Graham while I was away. I couldn't have gone without your willingness to help :)

1 comment:

Sparks Family said...

Such a great trip!! I'm ready to buy tickets for next year!!