I'll admit that there have been some sensitive moments for me as I realized that the end of an era was drawing near. I know that sounds a little dramatic (Zach will probably be rolling his eyes and nodding his head right about now), oh well, it has and I guess I have to accept it. (Come on J.K. just give me another book!)
The Harry Potter the movies are finished. And I'm sad about it.
Side Note: I'm going to save my movie review until after I see it the 2nd time. I want to make sure that I have a good one for you.
But, I do want to share what I did for the final movie. And for most this will not surprise you :)
I, along with my brother and good friend Jen, went to the midnight premiere! Yes, I'm a Harry geek and proud of it (I think that's the 2nd time I've admitted that). And we had an awesome time. There was no better way for us to conclude the end of an era than to stand outside (way past my bedtime by the way) with a bunch of teenagers and reminisce about some of our favorite Harry moments.
For my brother and I, Harry has been such a fun thing to share. I'm always talking about the books or the movies and he's really the only one who gets me and gets what I'm talking about. We also stood in line for the midnight release of Book 7 (back in 2007) - so it's only fitting that we did it again for the final movie.
For Jen (used to work with her at Eastmont) and I, we too share a love of all things Harry. Anytime we're together, it never fails that we'll eventually get on this topic. Don't ask me why - but I love that about her.
Of course we bought Gryffindor scarves for the occasion.
Of course we had bracelets to match.
Of course we ate Harry Potter cookies.
And of course we needed 5 hour energy drinks just to stay awake.
Throughout the night my bro was tweeting about the event. Here are some of my favorite quotes he relayed to his followers:
"Can't wait to find out if Harry destroys the ring tonight!"
"People have been in line for HP since 6:30am! NERDS! You're supposed to be fashionably late to midnight release parties."
"The fact that I have something in common with everyone in this line does not mean I relate to any of them."
"Unfortunately yelling crucio at all the cutters has not deterred them in the slightest!"
"Paper beats rock, rock beats scissors, and Harry Potter beats Edward! Suck it Twilight!"
We were all laughing hard as Alex relayed to us his latest comment. Thanks for all the laughs brother. And thanks to both Jen and Alex for making this such a memorable night.
HP movie review coming soon.




2 comments:
Love it! If I wouldn't have been 9 months pregnant I would have gone too! :)
You are cracking me up. I love that you are so passionate about it. It is fun that your brother shares the love too! love the scarves
Post a Comment