Monday, October 24, 2011

A Special Wedding & a Project

It has taken me a bit of time to post about this wedding, not because I'm not super excited for the new couple (which I wholeheartedly am), but because I really miss my friend Hawley and this wedding was a little bitter-sweet for me. The wedding Zach and I went to a couple of weekends ago was for Erik and his new bride Ali. We are so amazed at how God has brought them together. He is good...really good. But it was still hard for me, as it was just another (major) reminder that Hawley isn't here anymore.
The wedding was really touching though and many people support this couple as they start a new life in Wenatchee. The toasts that were given at the reception by Aimee, Ali's sisters, and Erik's best man brought everyone to tears.
Because we've stayed close with Erik and his family, we are so thankful for Ali and can't wait to get to know her better. We had a chance before the wedding to have a bridal shower for her and she was really touched to have us there. Ali is a great mom and will be so wonderful for Lydia and Bryce. I know that she will always honor Hawley in their home.

I didn't manage to take a picture of the happy couple, but I got one of Zach and I -

My Sweetie

At the wedding I also got to spend time with my friend Julee. It was through Hawley that we met almost 5 years ago. I am super grateful for her friendship and I have loved getting to know her better. Along with Aimee (Hawley's big sis), we have started to meet once a week. I really look forward to seeing each of those girls. I like them...a lot; I can be real with them - know what I mean?

Julee & I

A Project
Earlier in October our church had an event called Be the Church. Instead of having a normal Sunday morning, the congregation was encouraged to choose from multiple service projects happening all over the Wenatchee Valley and sign-up. Aimee asked if I would join her family and help organize coats that would be given away during Make a Difference Day. We spent several hours (finishing what Aimee had started) organizing the coats. There were hundreds that needed to be sorted into Men's, Women's, Children's, etc.
What an awesome opportunity to help serve the community. Then last Saturday we gave away all the coats. I'm so thankful that one less person or child will be cold this winter.
FYI - If you have coats you'd like to donate just shoot me an email. Any size and gently worn are great! They will be put to good use.

Here are some of the ladies that helped out that day:

Julee, Aimee, Turner (Hawley & Aimee's mom)
If you are interested in the other ministries that happened during Be the Church, click here. You'll spot a picture of our whole group in the newsletter :)

No comments: