Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Whistler-Part 1

For our anniversary this year, it was my turn to plan our trip (for the background and past trips click here). I have wanted to go to Whistler, BC for awhile now, and I had heard that this resort town is just as fun in the summer as in the winter. And it definitely was - in fact, I would say that there are probably more activities in the summer.

A couple of Saturdays ago, Zach, Graham, and I loaded up the car and drove to Birch Bay. We had decided to cut our trip into 2 parts because we didn't know how Graham would do in the car for 8+ hours.

We were definitely organized - but not much more could fit in the back!


Although Birch Bay has a beautiful view, the town itself isn't that interesting. But Blaine, just up the highway & next to the border, is definitely worth visiting.

Walking to dinner @ Birch Bay
 The next morning we drove up to Whistler and arrived early afternoon. Graham did great in the car, but I'm sure glad we had an overnight pit stop to break it all up.


The Lodge we stayed @ just right across from the Village.
We had a 1 bedroom condo.
Graham had to check everything out once he was free from his car seat.




View from our condo.
Whistler is absolutely A-mazing! There are trees and mountains everywhere. And loads of people from all over the world. I can't imagine what it must have been like during the 2010 Olympics.
The first 3 days we had great weather and we definitely took advantage of it. We road the Peak-to-Peak, did the Tree Trek, and toured the museum. And of course we walked and shopped the world famous village many times. I will be back to post about each adventure.

1 comment:

Tori said...

SO AWESOME! I can't believe we never made it there when I lived there! :) So thankful you and Zach got to go.

Glad you loved it!
Tori
P.S. Graham is cute!