Peak to Peak
For one of our outings in Whistler, we road what is called the "Peak to Peak." It starts at the base of Whistler mountain and carries you up to the top and then over to Blackcomb mountain.
| on our way up the mountain |
| view from the top of Whistler |
| iconic Olympic symbol |
At the top of each mountain there are huge lodges with restaurants & gift shops. While we were walking around, Zach pointed out the crazy way over to Blackcomb:
| see that gap and the red gondolas behind me? that's where we were going next. my nerves for heights were going crazy! |
| view from gondola |
Here is the crazy part. This "ride" is the longest in the world of its kind! I kept asking Zach: "how do they know that this is safe?!" He thought my fear was funny.
| picture of workers inspecting the cables. what the...?! You couldn't pay me enough! |
| view from top of Blackcomb |
| my 2 boys |
Graham did so great the whole day. He stayed in the backpack on the gondolas and just checked out the people. He was definitely a person magnet.


3 comments:
ARe you kidding me? God's creation is so AWESOME! LOVE. Love. LoVe. Whistler. Beautiful. Those gondola creations freak me out. Great job over-coming your fear and going. Graham is as cute as ever! Love, Tori
Pictures are gorgeous! I can't believe those cable inspectors!
Jess
Wowzers....the heights and the views and those crazy Gondola cable workers. Seriously! Are you kidding me. I would never do that job! I'm so glad you guys got to be up there, great pictures....all of them! Love Graham's hat pictures, the beanie is especially cute:) And I love your purple-ish shirt you have on too!
Post a Comment