Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Kitchen Before

Before I can catch you all up (do I still have any readers out there?) I need to back up a bit. The big reason I'm so behind on posting is because I've been away from my computer for over a month. But, we are finally back into our home and I am so excited to share with you all what's been going on.

First to share: Our Kitchen face-lift.
Now that I stay at home full-time, I notice more the things I look forward to changing once we do our overhaul of the house. This can be good and bad. But as we wait "patiently" for that to happen, I asked Zach if we could do a kitchen face-lift as a temporary fix. The face-lift took place over the last couple of months and the transformation is amazing.

I warn you - the images you are about to see are scary! I'm being a little dramatic, but I know you'll understand why I wanted to change things once you see the before pictures.





We removed everything from the cupboards and walls and piled everything into our office. These pictures were taken right before we moved out. We kept the floors the way they are because we'll probably end up changing the layout and kept the fluorescent lighting because changing the electrical will be a big part of the future remodel and we'll do it all at the same time. We kept our existing appliances too because they work...
Other than those things, the counter tops are out - the back splash is gone - a new light fixture was put in by the sink - and the cabinets got some much needed love.

2 comments:

Phil and Bri said...

ohhhhh can't wait to see!! I love remodels!!

The Hunter Family said...

I can't wait to see the pics!! Do you read http://www.younghouselove.com/? It's one of my favorite sites!