Saturday, March 31, 2012

Family Brunch


It's important to remember this - especially if you get down with the thought of another birthday. Although it's strange to realize I'm now 31, (I know some of you are saying, "that's so young") I'm also very grateful to turn another year older. God has given me a wonderful life. I'm excited to see what my 30s will bring. So far I really like them :)

Sunday before my birthday, my family had a little brunch to celebrate before everyone went back home. We had french toast (my grandma makes the BEST french toast) and sausage and other goodies. Don't you just love breakfast food? I can eat it for any meal.

My mom always does a themed "table" for our birthdays, and this year she had everyone wrap in or bring a present of fabric. Since I'm learning how to sew, it was so wonderful to have my collection of fabric increased. I got some great pieces and I'm itching to make something with them. I just need the right project.

Anyway, here is a look at this year's table:


As a side note, Graham loves the giant 1 balloon. And he now says the word balloon. I managed to get it on camera so I'll post the video in a few days but...if you're ever unsure what to get a toddler, just give him a giant balloon and it'll entertain him for days or weeks.

Here is my main squeeze. Do you like his beard? He got tired of shaving so he grew it out for a month. He told me he'll shave again March 31...we'll see. But I sure do love him.

1 comment:

Ben and Katie said...

you are supposed to let me know when your bday is! hello!
i love your ideas with the themed holidays and celebrations! so fun!
oh and love your shirt...need (slash that), want one! where did you get it?