Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy Birthday Zach!

Zach told me he could never ask for a better 30th birthday gift than Graham William.
Last Sunday (11/21) Zach turned 30. We celebrated a week early just in case we were still in the hospital...

I found some fun little party favors & we celebrated with a small get-together with his family.




Zach looks great as usual. I have to keep reminding myself that this is 3 days before Graham. I hardly recognize myself! People have said that I'll look back and be glad we have these pics...I'm not so sure :)



Because we couldn't do something bigger to celebrate now, Karen thought of a really fun birthday present to give to Zach.
Background: Zach has always loved college drumlines. Ohio State has a unique tradition for their marching band and drumline. Before every home game the band performs for fans in their gym which is called the "Skull Session." Over 10,000 are usually in attendance. Next October we're going to fly to Ohio's campus and be apart of all the festivities - go the the Skull Session and watch a football game!



Hopefully this can become a tradition as we explore other big schools across the country.


It's amazing to think that I met Zach 10 years ago. I couldn't imagine my life without him. He has been a wonderful husband, and now I get the honor and privilege to see him as a wonderful father. Happy 30th to my favorite man!

2 comments:

Ben and Katie said...

Happy Birthday (late) Zach!! Turning 30 isn't so bad huh! Ben and I are there and almost will both be 31! Let the fun begin!!

The Parsons' blog said...

Happy Birthday Zach, you young guy you. And Kim I laughed OUT LOUD about your comment of not recognizing yourself. Haha, I so know what you mean. You look great, girl. But I hear ya! funny.