Monday, March 28, 2011

Pen Pal & Bubbles

After Alex's graduation we drove down to Newcastle and stayed at Karen's. She was kind enough to let us crash it while she was gone on vacation. I did persuade Zach to stop at the U Village on the way there (I love that place). My stops were Starbucks, H&M, & Potterybarn (I'll show this purchase when I talk about my bedroom redo). I managed to buy something at each stop...weird.

Sunday morning Jess and I went down to Olympia where my friend Katie was speaking at her home church. If you don't remember Katie's story or how we know each other click here.

Jess and I had an amazing time. Not only did Katie do so great with her talk on HOPE, but she kindly invited us out to brunch after the service. We got to meet her siblings & parents, as well as some from her church family. It was so cool. Both Jess and I on the way back couldn't stop smiling and talking about our experience.

We recreated our first meeting. It almost looked like this :)


Katie was exactly who I thought she'd be: Kind, funny, beautiful, and genuine. What a treat it was...I look forward to seeing her again soon.



And on a family note, Graham's new "trick" is that he has started blowing bubbles...is this only something the mother finds adorable?!


Next up is my birthday table & dinner out with my small group ladies.

1 comment:

jorden9879 said...

So neat that you got to meet her face to face, wish I could have come. Graham is so cute. THey just keep getting more interactive, FUN! Love the bubbles and cute sounds!