Monday, March 7, 2011

Closet Overhaul

We stayed home this Saturday and it felt so good. I had a bunch of honey-dos for Zach and we managed to get a few of them accomplished.
The big project for me was to re-organize my closet. Do you remember me posting about my "skinny clothes" here? Well it was time for me to get them out and sort through them again (I'm in the process of losing my prego weight, but hopefully soon I'll be back into everything). I decided to remove everything from my closet - including the doors and start from scratch.


One of my problems is that I went from this size closet in our condo-


to this size closet-


boo! But I guess the good thing is that if forces me to keep just the good stuff.
I started with my boots. Do you ever have this going on with them?


Well I stuff mine with old hand towels and it helps keep them from flopping.



Once I got all my shoes organized (I got rid of 2 pair!) I went to my clothes. I sorted them into piles of- Maybe, Keep, Donate and went through them one by one. I use all the same hangers (from Costco) to keep my closet uniform. I'm a little obsessed with everything being in its place.


Side note: I hang my necklaces in my closet for easy access. I just nailed 4 nails into the wall for an easy (and cheap) jewelry hanger.


It felt so good to have everything hanging and out of the tubs. They were in hibernation since June. I actually missed some of my outfits! Here is the finished result.


I got rid of jeans that "I might fit into again one day even though I was 22 when I wore them last jeans." This not only frees up the shelf space, but (bonus) it allows me to buy a new pair when I reach my weight goal! Any jeans that you need to get rid of Ladies?

This whole organizing cost me nothing :) I organize according to color and style (long or short sleeve, vest or sweater). This helps me find what I'm looking for, and it helps me know what I need to buy...or not buy :)
In the end I got rid of 2 garbage sacks full of clothes to donate.


 What does your closet look like? Is it time for a closet overhaul?

2 comments:

Cooking Up Faith said...

My closet is full of clothes that are way too old and full of way too many stains!! :)

Thanks so much for linking up my site and helping Ben and Katie out!!

Phil and Bri said...

This is hilarious! We totally were on the same page!! haha! You have way more clothes than me!!! haha!! Your closet at the condo is dreamy!! :)