Here are my problems I have with our room. I'm going to list them in the order of the pictures I've posted.
1) When we moved in we used our same furniture from our condo. The problem is that our bedroom in Chelan was much bigger so the furniture didn't see quite so large, dark, and "filling."
The Fix: I want to use a white bed (from our old guest bedroom) and the white nightstands I'm currently painting. I also want to change out our bedding. I'm ready for a new duvet cover.
2) The wall (from the 2nd photo) to the right seems really blank to me. I also don't like the lampshades - they seem too formal with the bell shape.
The Fix: I want to add some artwork or picture frames or maybe a mirror on the right side. I also want to change out the shades (but not sure what style or color yet).
3) I really like the color of our curtains. They are a nice mix of blue/turquoise. I also like that they are grommet panels. But right now there is not enough material to completely cover the window (shown in picture) so I have to use a clip at night. The curtains are also a little "highwater." Everytime I look at them I just see nerdy curtains.
The Fix: I've bought an additional panel and I'm going to cut it in half and sew onto each end of the current panels to increase the width. I'm also going to take out the hem at the bottom so that it extends another 2 inches or so.
4) This side of the room seems very bare. The mirror looks larger in person than it does in the picture, but I'm not sure how to add a bit more here.
The Fix: With this problem I don't know what to do - maybe change out the mirror for a lighter color. Not have a mirror and do some sort of gallery wall with family photos. Add some artwork? I'm open to suggestions.
5) I've removed my closet doors because I just got really annoyed with sliding the doors back and forth. I've noticed that I've done a better job of hanging up my clothes each night too. There isn't much bothering me about this space, I just wanted to show you a complete 360 of the room (When we remodel we're going to punch through this space to access the bathroom on the other side to make a traditional master suite).
The Fix: For now I think I'll just have Zach take his doors down to add balance.
6) Do I need to say anything about this light? :) I'm pretty sure it's at least 30 years old. The problem that I have is that I don't really want to spend the money on a new light fixture now, when we're going to be replacing it when we remodel. I also don't notice it much because I rarely look up and examine it. Or maybe I'm just ignoring it.
The Fix: If we do anything with the light I might see if we can install a nice white ceiling fan. I love a fan going at all times of the year. We have a stand fan (not pictured) that I have by my head. It would definitely be used.
Ok, so there is our bedroom. I'll post the changes when they happen soon.


No comments:
Post a Comment