When the final movie Part. One came out in November, we were still in the hospital with Graham, and I didn't think it would be appropriate to leave and go to the theater - although I have to admit I thought about it!
So when it came out on video I grabbed it that very day. And after watching it I was a little bummed. Does anyone else feel this way after reading a book (and loving it) that the movie could have been so much better? Again I ask why they don't consult me about key points that need to made...
Anyway, here is my review of HP and the Deathly Hallows part one (this will make sense if you've read the books):
Overall I would give it a B+
Positively: 1) I thought that the scenery/locations was super cool throughout the traveling (although I did miss Hogwarts just a bit). 2) The acting was really good. It's amazing to see the actors all grown up - just like the characters from the book. 3) The beginning scene with the 7 Potters was really good and how I imagined it. 4) Voldemort is so good. Ralph Fiennes plays him just perfectly. 5) They did the locket scene really well - finally some accuracy.
What I Wanted: 1) I thought every scene moved too quickly. I wanted them to slow down to let me enjoy it. 2) The big radio scene that gives them hope was missing. 3) The ministry scene was good but not long enough and of course they changed a few bits. 4) I wanted to see more of them in the house with Kreacher. 5) What about Voldemort almost catching Harry in Godric's Hollow? 6) I didn't want the dancing scene that's for sure.
What Bugged Me: 1) The cloak didn't appear once! I thought this was really maddening since it's one of the Hallows. 2) The visions between Harry and Voldemort weren't good enough. Huge scenes weren't shown and I thought that Voldemort should have been more present. 3) Dobby's added dialogue was corny and not needed. 4) Kreacher's tale was really important and he didn't tell it - we needed it to show who R.A.B. was and how he changed in the end.
Ok, I might come back and add a few things after I watch it again, but for now this is what I thought about it.
If you're curious about what I thought about HP and the Half-Blood Prince movie you can see my review here.
And finally, I'll leave you with a preview clip from HP and the Deathly Hallows part 2:




2 comments:
I am loving your reviews! I can't totally understand cause I have never read or seen the movies, but I kind of get it because there have been a few books I read that when I saw the movie I was like ahhhh! ANyhow, can't wait to read the book you reviewed in the post previously!!!
Kim, I completely agree, and now that I've FINALLY got Monte listening to the books, he agrees too.
Post a Comment