Friday, April 8, 2011

Small Projects Completed

My sister has wanted to make a corkboard out of saved wine corks, so I found this frame so she could do it. The color of the frame wasn't what she had in mind, so I taped out the edges, sprayed it with primer, and then finished with a top coat of shiny black. I also sanded out the edges so it looked a litle distressed.




I found some cool letters at a craft store. They had an example created there, so I thought I'd try it out. Here's what I did: 1) found some scrapbook paper I liked, 2) traced around the letter 3) painted the letter with white paint 4) glued the letter and paper to a corkboard 5) framed it with a 12x12 frame. 6) decorated with some related tags.
I gave these away as gifts, and I still need to complete my letter G.



 


I'm currently painting a night stand white that was originally a really dark stain. I'm hoping to get this done this weekend so I can start talking about my bedroom redo ideas. Here is a little preview:


These are some of the things I've been working on in my "spare time." Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Ben and Katie said...

love them, love them!! so cannot wait to display them! i have masses of projects i want to do and have them saved in a folder!!
we might have to do a monthly craft date!

Nicole said...

Wow! They are so cool! I might have to steal the idea myself.

Kelsey said...

Love the corkboards! I love anything with a monogram and the colors you chose are gorgeous :)